Thank you to my wonderful friend Leah Oxendine at Apassionata for nominating me for the Liebster award!
About The 'Liebster Award':
Bloggers nominate other bloggers that they like with 200 followers or less. It doesn't matter what kind of blog you have, or in what language. If you have a blog then you can be nominated! It's to get to know new bloggers a little better and go networking with them, it's been going on for a few years I guess. It's never ending!
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
Facts About Me:
1. My favorite school subject is Biology....especially the experiments! I love learning about all the complex organisms that make up our world.
2. Yahweh willing I am going to try to memorize the book of Romans by next year. I think this is a great tool for witnessing to others about Gods Word. I am using a website called MemVerse to do scripture memory. It is extremely well-built and the best part...it is free!
3. I LOVE reading adventure books...mostly books about missionaries and history.
4. My favorite fiction book is Swiss Family Robinson. (Note that I underlined book. I mean the unabridged version.....meaning the version before Disney got a hold of it.)
5. I have the most supercalifragilisticexpialidocious family ever!
6. I adore being a part of a large family. I have learned so much...and still have so much to learn!
7. My dream life when I grow up would be to live on a farm. (The bigger the better!) I would have plenty of cows and goats along with chickens and pigs. I would also make soaps out of the goat milk and make homemade cheese.
8. I am fond of baking. (Because I love sweets!) My favorite things to bake are apple pies, granola bars and homemade biscuits.
9. If there is any place I would like to go in the world my first choice would probably be the Florida Keys. I am sure I could spend all day there collecting shells! Since rock collecting is one of my hobbies I would travel the whole world in search of possible additions to my collection as well!
10. My "love language" is "words of affirmation". I read something that someone wrote about "love languages" and they said that actions do not always speak louder than words. I definitely do not dislike when love is shown towards me in the other active love languages but I notice that encouraging words means a lot to me.
11. My favorite spiritual hero is my Mom and Dad. My Mom is a wonderful example to me of how to walk in Christ. She has always been there for us kids and my Dad and has been a living example of the love of Jesus Christ. My Dad is just as wonderful. He works all day to provide for us and then comes home and has Bible study with us, even when he is tired. He is a great example to us kids and is also a living example of Christ's love.
Questions from my nominee: (Leah)
1. Would you rather be respected or loved? Wow! Great question! Hmm. I think I would rather be loved because if the person loves you they should respect you but I know I can respect a person and not necessarily love them.
2. What is your favorite quote? I do not really have a favorite quote but one I have liked, as of recent, is one by Galileo Galilei: "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered. The point is to discover them."
3. What are your three favorite songs at the moment? Well, my all-time favorite song/hymn is "It is Well With My Soul" which was penned by Horatio Spafford as he was going over the place where his three daughters had died in a ship wreck. I admire the strength that it must have taken him to be looking out over those icy waters where his young daughters had perished and being able to say, "It is well with my soul." My second favorite is "Awesome God" which was written by Rich Mullins. I do not really have a third. Probably "You are God Alone" sung by Philips, Craig and Dean.
4. Cows or Peacocks? Definitely cows!
5. Describe your style/taste in art, design, fashion? Hmmm. I do not think I have a certain "style" for anything and if I do I am not quite sure. I know this may sound strange but I know my style but I do not know what it is called or if it even has a name! To make it easier I will answer each question individually. Art: I enjoy calm, cool colors and shades. When it comes to paintings I like scenic landscape pictures best. Design: I do not have a certain design as in shape or pattern that I like best, but if I were to design a room I would make it cozy and warm.....use dark reds and browns with a light colored backdrop. Fashion: I hope asking other people for help is a part of the rules! I asked my Mom and she could not really describe my fashion either. Here is what I do know: The only clothes I buy are from thrift stores, (I would NEVER pay 100 dollars for one skirt!) I love to look grown-up and I only wear modest clothing.
6. What place would you travel to if you could? The Florida Keys. I would love to go and collect shells.
7. Coffee or tea? It depends if you are talking about smell or taste! :) Coffee smells wonderful to me and when we have it I usually pour me a cup but I never drink more than a couple sips. I think that it is too strong for me. I love tea, especially peach tea so I guess my answer would be tea.
8. Introvert or extrovert? Sadly, an introvert. I want to learn to be more of an extrovert but I get nervous and embarrassed easily. :(
9. What do you hope to do with your life? I want to do whatever God calls me to do. I desire to be a missionary but God may not call me to do that. If that does not happen I will probably be a mother with TONS of kids. (I want to have a huge family!) And I will raise my kids to follow Yahweh God.
10. What's your favorite entree? To be honest, when I first read this question I was not sure what an "entree" was.....soooooo......I looked it up! Everything I read did not give me a solid answer as to what an "entree" was. In French (which is where the word came from) it meant the dish served before the meal. In American it means the main dish. (As one person said: "When it comes to matters of language, Americans always get things wrong." :) So I decided since in my family we always eat everything at one time I will tell you what my favorite meal is. My favorite meal is steak (with extra garlic powder, salt and pepper), mashed potatoes, hawaiian rolls, green beans and corn.
11. If you could be granted 1 wish, what would it be? Only 1 wish???!!! :) Alright, you can choose which wish you like best! Having my own farm or traveling all over the world collecting rocks!
Here are my questions:
(Please answer the question and also tell why you chose that answer)
1. Would you rather live on a deserted island a country farm or in a busy city?
2. If you were to write a story what time frame would it be in?
3. What is your favorite name and its meaning?
4. Which do you like best, Skittles or M&M's?
5. What person has inspired you most?
6. Which person would you rather meet, Adolph Hitler or Barak Obama?
7. If you had 1000 dollars what would you do with it?
8. Which is your "love language"?
1. Physical Touch (Hug, kiss, etc.),
2. Words of Affirmation (Words of encouragement, affection, endearment),
3. Quality Time (Going out with that person, spending time with them)
4. Gifts (I think this is pretty easy to understand)
5. Acts of Service (Someone doing your chores for you, helping you with your school)
9. Which of the four personality types are you?
1.Lion-Needs freedom/Craves authority, Goal setter
2.Otter- Energizer Bunny/Entertaining
3.Golden Retriever - More interested in relationships than goals, a good time, or tasks
4.Beaver- Perfectionist, cautious, high standards
10. What number are you in your birth order? (First child, second child, third child, etc.)
11. What is your favorite game?
I hope you enjoy! I can't wait to see your answers!
P.S I will keep adding names of the people I have nominated as they respond